Thursday, February 5, 2009

IMPRESSIVE??? OR OBSESSIVE???

I'm impressed with myself, I spend hours yesterday making menus for the next two weeks and then grocery list from menus and recipes and then studying grocery store sale papers to find the best deals and then I did it all night too, (not literally - I just couldn't unwind and go to sleep)that's what you call obsessive. I even decorated a binder with my scrapbook supplies, and made divider tabs for menus, grocery list, recipes, etc. Actually I was inspired by some forms I found over at donnayoung.org, it's actually a site for homeschooling, which I absolutely do not need because my kids are grown, but even if they weren't I've been down that road before and never want to go back there, just thought I'd throw that in. But anyway, there are a lot of household forms on that site that I found really helpful and inspiring, check it out. And here is a picture of my obsessiveness.




I would be truly impressed with myself if I continued to do that every two weeks, but I don't function like that - I'm either obsessed or I'm nothing. So while I'm being obsessive maybe I'll organize my housecleaning, or lack thereof, as I've been inspired by Barbara who was inspired by the FlyLady. I think this post even sounds a little obsessive!

One more thing, well actually two, on the menu this week is Onion Burgers that Paula Deen made on her show one day and they are soooo good and really quick and easy and also on the menu is BooMama's fabulous cornbread. You must try these recipes!!!


Here's the Onion Burger Recipe:


Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can French onion soup
Yellow mustard
Mayonnaise
White or whole-wheat bread or buns
1 medium onion, cut into rings

Directions
Brown ground beef and drain. Sprinkle in the flour. Add onion soup, stir
and cook until meat mixture is thickened and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Spread mustard and mayonnaise, to taste, on bread. Spoon the ground beef mixture onto bread and top with onion.

1 comment:

Phase II said...

Obsessive is just a frame of mind...I like to call it Organized!!
Have a great day.


The Carroll Family - Established June 30, 1979