Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today I'm grateful for sleep..................that is when I can get it. It's 4:23 am and I have a cold and cannot breath, I could stay awake because I couldn't breath or I could stay awake because I took a decongestant so that I could breath, I chose the later.

Yesterday was the Youngblood family Christmas....we ate, played outside, played "dirty santa" and opened gifts.


Mom & Dad


Sam

Jordan - big kids played too!

Bailey
Greyson

Callie Rae





Ok, so before I tell you about the dirty santa game, I want to be sure you know what Mark really looks like:


Every year we play dirty santa with a white elephant gift, that is something you bring from home that you don't want anymore, we draw numbers and when it's your turn you can either open a new gift or take one that's already been opened, I'm sure you've heard of it. Well some people like this game and some people really, really don't like this game. Mark happens to be one of those that does not like the game, so Melanie and Josh came up with an idea for Mark's gift - I would have never believed that he would have gone along with it - not only did he go along with it, but was very enthusiastic about it (we've been married 29 years and I did not know he had it in him). So, are you ready? Here he is:


I know, I can't believe it either, it doesn't even look like him.
Josh drew the tattoo with washable markers (thank goodness) took the picture, Mark printed it, autographed it, we framed it and wrapped it.
Poor Sam, my 8 year old nephew was the one to open it, needless to say he was disappointed, but he talked his PePaw into stealing it from him (Daddy said he really wanted it???). Then Jordan stold it from PePaw??????
I guess I still have a lot to learn about my dear sweet husband.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:


The Carroll Family - Established June 30, 1979